Saturday, February 15, 2014

     I seem to always post pictures of Aryn and not my other grandchildren.  Aryn is very active, thus more pictures. The next in age is Rayven. She is a quiet young lady and doesn't participate in but a few things.  Her school did have a winter dance last weekend, and she was so excited to go. She had a friend of her Mother's do her makeup and hair!  She is a beautiful girl and I wanted to share here.  She looks older than 15 doesn't she?
     The snow is gone, the rain has gone and the weatherman says near 70 next week.  Go figure!

     While the Olympics are going on, thought this joke was cute-----------  


     Do you remember the  famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Pee-Ka-Boo).  Well, Picabo is  not just an athlete. She is now a nurse currently working at an Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital. However, she is not permitted to answer the hospital telephones any longer. It caused too much confusion when she  would answer the phone and say, "Picabo, I.C.U."

           A good clean joke is  hard to find these days! 

(Admit it ... You're  smiling)

     Speaking of Aryn (I know, you weren't lol)her team played the first game in the District tournament last night and won. They now move on to the Regionals.  This is the first time the Lady Eagles basketball team from her school (it is only 5 years old) has had a good record and made it to tournament time.  They play again on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed they do well.

     Tomorrow after church, we go to Elizabeth's 6th birthday party.  She wanted to have her party at home with just her cousins there.  She gets to pick what kind of cake she wants and what she wants to serve for lunch.  Will have to take pictures and show you her choices!  

     No other plans today, so enjoy your Saturday.





10 comments:

  1. I found you! Phew! I hadn't heard from you in a while, and I was worried. Love your blog. Mine is nowhere near as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess what time I am online, I spend here. Have some sweet, good friends here. Hope now that you are settled in your home, you can spend some time here too. Would love to see pictures of your new place....happy for you.

      Delete
  2. Rayven is beautiful and she does look older than 15. I loved the joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rayven is pretty. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup with I was her age. I had to be 16. Times sure have changed. (But I am a luddite.)

    Our weather has already improved significantly. It's 60* with the sun shining again! I'm so tired of gloomy weather. And today, during my walking around the property, I've noticed that the Black Cherry trees are starting to bud. Spring is on the way. Yay! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not just smiling, I laughed out loud and had to go tell Bob. He remembers her and is laughing too. I love it.
    Rayven is beautiful. She does look older than her years.
    Congratulations to Aryn and her team.
    Well, happy birthday to Elizabeth. Would love to see pictures of her party. What a great age. I have a grandson that age and he can be a pistol but lots of fun.
    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rayven is a beautiful young lady. And...I love the spelling of her name!
    I hope that you have a blessed Sunday tomorrow.
    And...I smiled at the ICU joke. Took me a skinny minute, but it registered, finally. I'm soooo slow! :))
    Hugs to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rayven is absolutely gorgeous and definitely looks older than 15! I'm so glad your grands let you post pics of them so we can love and pray for your family, too. Hooray for Aryn's team! What a great year for them.
    Tomorrow sounds like a fun time. I love that her parents let her plan out the menu. We will have some fun photos to view. Praying you will feel pain-free enough to enjoy the day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute joke! Your grand daughters are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rayven is gorgeous, but all of your grandchildren are beautiful, Linda!! Good luck to Aryn and her team - hope they continue moving on in the tournaments! Can't wait to see the birthday photos!! Glad it is warming up for you!!

    ReplyDelete