Thursday, March 6, 2014

THURSDAY THROWBACK, ETC.


This is my baby shoe.  People used to have their baby's shoe bronzed and my Mother was no exception.  It is at least 71-72 years old, as I am now 72.  I am so thankful I have kept up with it all these years.

Was getting ready for church last night, when my granddaughter and grandson came over and asked if they could go with us.  Of course I said yes, any time.  After the service, my granddaughter said it was such a good message and she really needed to hear it!  I am praising the Lord. She is 15 and the teenagers stay up in the sanctuary on Wednesday nights.  One never knows, as the Scripture says, 'a little child shall lead them'.  I am praying that it might be the case, and maybe my son and daughter in law will be the ones that come over next time.

Jim has an appointment to have some blood work done at 3 so that will be our exciting day!

Signing off as your 'people mcnugget!'






9 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a McNugget too, lol. (only 5'0)--love, love your blog header. That is awesome to hear about your grandkids..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom bronzed our shoes too!
    Have a good day!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute... I'm a people mcnugget too.
    My mother didn't do any bronze baby shoes for any of us. I almost wish she had. I was always fascinated with them.
    How wonderful your grandchildren wanted to go with you. Let's pray they will again and eventually bring their parents with them.
    Take care. Hope Jim's blood test show good numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the people McNugget header! I'm actually 5'4". but all the rest of my family is at least 5'8" with the tallest being 6'6", so they tease me about being short. I'm throwing this phrase at them next time. :)
    That bronzed shoe is so sweet. God's working on your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you 'little McNuggets'!!! That is cute! You know that I am 6 feet tall, so it has been many, many years since I was pint size. Sigh. Hope Jim's test came out okay!! Praise God that the kids wanted to go with you last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tall for a woman, I think, 5 ft. 7 in. Good thing, too, because my adventure bike is TALL!
    Apparently, my mother never had my baby shoes bronzed. I still have my Baby Book that mom kept on me as I grew. I treasure that greatly.
    Hope the test had good results. Still praying that y'all are well and happy.
    God bless. ~:)
    (BTW, my cold is in the dissipation mood. I'm in the breaking up, coughing, blowing my nose every 5 minutes stage but I do feel better. Thank you for the prayers!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember seeing those shoes. Don't know if they did those or not when our kids were born but knew we couldn't afford it at the time. When our second child was born, my husband was working for a company that provided a pair of soft leather white shoes for the new baby. The child's first name was on the bottom of one shoe and her birthdate on the other. I think we saved those rather than let her wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom didn't have our shoes bronzed, but she kept them. I still have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Jim's blood work went well and nothing is wrong. Always a pain when medications have to be adjusted or changed.

    That was nice about the grandchildren. As for baby shoes, I have a pair of mine, along with a small crocheted bonnet, I had them out to show someone, now I can't remember where I put them. but I'm sure I will run across them when I least expect it.

    Sinus and bronchitis are a lot better, but still the nose isn't what it should be. I'm sure a lot of it, is the things starting to bud out all ready. Have a terrific Sunday.

    ReplyDelete