Friday, February 21, 2014

FINALLY FRIDAY!

With all the warm temperatures we have had this week, it feels like ice cream weather.  We made so many different kinds of ice cream in the new maker, we burned ourselves out for a bit.  But when I saw this picture, it just made me think of ice cream days to come.

We did absolutely nothing all day yesterday....just vegged.  I have nothing to tell about so maybe I will tell you more about myself.  (not interesting, but nevertheless, it is me)

I have lived in the south all of my life.  Born in Tennessee, lived in Texas a couple of years, but all the rest here.  

I am an only child.

My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles are all deceased.

I have two first cousins, one in Arizona and one in Texas and have seen them both once in 40 years.

I love mountains, not beaches.  I love beautiful scenery though, of any kind.

I am not a 'kid' person.  For example, I don't volunteer to keep children in the nursery at church or babysit.  I don't know how to talk to them.....just not kid friendly!  (exception - my own)

I am positive and don't like being around negative people....we have enough in our lives to bring us down, without my attitude being that way too.

I am not a chocolate lover.  Prefer butterscotch/caramel.

I don't like to cook thus I don't do it often.  Thank goodness Jim does love it and does cook for us.

I don't wear make-up and never have.  No reason, just don't. My Mother didn't and my girls don't.  We have pretty good complexions without make-up.

Last for now, I love to learn something new.  I have always been able to set up tv's, computers, anything technical, but I learn by doing, not reading the instructions!









11 comments:

  1. First, I love the blog header and your new background. Second, your not boring & I like reading whatever you post. Your a very nice & sweet person (well.it seems like it, lolol)--you and I would get along just fine in real life if we were ever to meet. I do wear makeup, cook, bake, work with kids, like both the mtn and beach, I do travel..well..not so much lately, lolol.

    So, keep posting. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I do know you already and am sure we would get along. Even tho our interests are somewhat different, I bet we could find common ground. God bless.

      Delete
  2. It's extremely windy here today - gusts up to 50 MPH. I have to go out in a little while and I hope I don't get blown away!
    I enjoyed reading about you. I wish I had your type of skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, I enjoyed learning more about you. Oh, I love caramel and butterscotch...my problem...I love chocolate, too! I don't cook often these days. I'm glad Jim cooks for you. That is nice. I hope you will enjoy the weekend. We woke early to a thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I loved learning so much about you!

    How fun!

    I am horrible at setting things up. I want it done for me. And as fast as possible. I do like to cook, but I am not a great one. I am a follow the recipe kind of gal. : )

    Have a cozy weekend. We had rain this morning, now some pretty snowflakes in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice cream graphic makes me want my favorite: Vanilla Blue Bunny No Sugar Added, slightly melted, with chocolate syrup on top. OH YUM! (Now I have to clean the monitor ... ha ha).

    I'm an only child too. That was interesting learning a little more about you. No matter what your past or current situation, what I'm assured of is your love of Jesus and are a pleasure to know. God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm hungry for ice cream. I may have to get out my machine and go to the store.
    We're alike in some things you mentioned. I love the mountains but only to visit.
    I'm not kid-friendly either. I tried babysitting a few times to make some extra $$ but it was too nerve wracking.
    I don't like to cook most days but I have to cause there's no one else to do it.
    I don't wear make-up.
    And I love to learn new things. I've managed to handle most computer problems and have helped many family and friends with their's.
    Take care, my friend. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, wow, you and I have much in common. I also love butterscotch, I am much more comfortable with the elderly than children, and I, too, am an only child!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed with your technology skills. I have difficulty even when I have instructions! For example, we had to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I couldn't even align the handle correctly which meant it wouldn't work!
    I do not wear makeup either. I have had severe dry eye syndrome for 29 years. (Manageable with good OTC.) Any makeup that might get in my eyes would be an irritant. It has made life easier and quicker since I don't have to "make up my face" each day.
    I LOVE chocolate - - and caramel, too!
    I am with you on the optimism - - - can't cope with negatives. It makes me want to hit them!
    It's okay if you don't want to work with little kids. I would be seriously handicapped if they put me with teenagers! When I was our library director, it was our policy to encourage our workers and volunteers to minister in the area of their strengths. It was more productive for our "business" and made the workers' time in the library more enjoyable, too.
    A day to "veg out" - - - what a gift to yourselves. I enjoyed this post and getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made some ice cream in our freezer, while the kids were here. I think there is a little of it left - good stuff!!

    It is always fun to learn more about our friends here. I didn't realize you were not kid-friendly, since you are so involved in the lives of your grandchildren - but as you noted, they are yours!! I'm not much into little ones, either. Since I never had children of my own, and only baby-sat for older children, I am uncomfortable with the needs of babies and toddlers!

    ReplyDelete