Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MORE OF THE SAME!

I was able to repair everything on my computer except one thing....still cannot get it to 'save' a new background.  It says 'javascript void'.  I have researched that and I did what it said, and still won't work.  So, I am just going to ignore and go on and use what I can for backgrounds.

I changed sheets on the beds yesterday and when I got to the last bedroom, this is what I saw.....a big lump with a tail!  Cali wont stand any cover on her except in this bedroom and under this particular quilt!  Crazy cat.  

Fat Tuesday in the Mardi Gras community, the day before Lent begins.  Have any of you been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras?  I went '100' years ago and it is quite the excitement.  I am thankful that I went so many years ago, because as I see and read about it these days, I don't think I could have handled it.  I went with a friend and we stayed in a bed and breakfast on Canal Street.  We rode the trolley, we went to Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, etc.  We were young and didn't know why everybody had a dirty spot on their foreheads on Wednesday, lol.  We learned while there. I would never go back, but glad to see New Orleans and all it has to offer.  It is different than any other city I have visited.


Received two more cards from Postcrossing

China
Vienna, Austria

My granddaughter went with her best friend, for her confirmation this past Sunday at St. Augustine Catholic Church.  They then went to the girl's home for lunch with friends and family.


We had Weight Watcher soup for supper, and I found some peaches in the freezer and made a peach cobbler.  Jim said it was the best thing he had eaten in ages!  BINGO!!!  He is feeling some better, and I thank you for your prayers.

Enjoy your Tuesday.




8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Linda!
    Glad you are having some success at fixing the computer issues. And I do the same thing when it comes to Blogger issues...I find that if I ignore it, it fixes itself.

    Peach cobbler is Steve's favorite!

    And sleeping in fresh sheets is mine. : )

    Have a cozy Mardi Gras Tuesday, or as Flynn calls it...Party Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy cat, lol. I LOVE your blog header. Yes, I have been to Mardi Gras, as a matter of fact Liam asked me that this morning. I was young, freshman in college..well..anyways..we won't go there (lol). He is so like me, wound up tight. ANYWAYS-- love peach cobbler, glad to hear Jim is feeling better. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! @ Cali! I haven't had peach cobbler in ages! I bet it was so yummy. I hope you are able to get your computer problem figured it out. Your page still looks as beautiful as ever. Congratulations to Aryn on her Confirmation! I'm on a diet so I can't enjoy Fat Tuesday like I have in previous years..lol. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and it will be a day of fasting for us. It's hard to believe that we are entering into the Lenten season and there is 12 inches of snow on the ground still! Crazy! I'm so happy to hear that Jim is feeling better...power of prayers and peach cobbler!! Have a wonderful day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats - go figure!! They do have some crazy idiosyncrasies!! Gotta love 'em, though!!

    So happy to hear Jim is feeling better! Peach cobbler works wonders! Prayers will continue, though!

    Aryn sure doesn't look like a tomboy athlete when she is all dressed up! What a pretty young lady!

    Great postcards! I am always amazed at the places they come from each time!

    Linda, I love New Orleans and have been three times...though not for Mardi Gras. I would not want to be there in that kind of crowd. BUT- I love the history and the food. Oh my goodness!! Joe and I keep saying we need to go back. We haven't been since Katrina blew through.

    Love & hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are funny. We used to have three of them at one time. They where quite a bit of entertainment.

    Never been to New Orleans. Never had any desire but I prefer woods to crowds. :) Funny, "Reason Magazine" has an article in this months issue about how it's changed since Hurricane Katrina. The article talked about how the new local residents have "cleaned up" the French Quarter and such. All the rough necks and homosexual places have been regulated out of business. Plus the noise level is supposedly livable now. Sounds like a much more pleasant place.

    I'm sick this week with sore throat and possible cold. *ugh* No more trips to Sam's Club in Jacksonville for me! What a cesspool that was. *lol* ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magic of peach cobbler LOL! That's great he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats are so funny!
    I've never been to New Orleans and really don't have a desire to go there, although it wouldn't be bad to go when Mardi Gras was done.
    So glad Jim is doing better!

    ReplyDelete