Monday, March 3, 2014

FIX IT PLEASE!

I am having computer problems again....grrrrrrrrr    I thought I had fixed all the other things, but now I get ready to put a new background on my blog, and I bring up the 'Layout' screen and there are only three things there....the heading, favicon and navbar.  Nothing below that would allow me to add a gadget, etc.  Has anyone else ever had that problem, and if so, how do I resolve it.  I even went to Blogger Help and they didn't --- help.  So for now until I can resolve this, I will be using the backgrounds loaded on here.
We had a special speaker at church last night.  It was a missionary and his wife, who are working in the country of South Sudan.  He is a passionate gentleman, plus he is blind.  He opened his Bible and said, 'I can't really see this, but you expect your speaker to read from God's Word!' He was humorous, and I have seen lots of people who know their Bible, but this gentleman could quote just about any passage you could name.  His wife joined us in our ladies prayer group, and she was so kind and sweet. They are expecting their first child soon and will wait until that birth, to go back to the mission field.  They are teaching nationals and planting new churches all over the country.
Recent violence in South Sudan has pushed the country to the brink of civil war, forcing tens of thousands to flee.  The above photo shows the U.N. compound in the country.

At times when you think you don't have enough or don't have anything worth living for, just try to think of people all over the rest of the world who literally have what they own, on their backs....period...
No plans today and with a rainy day, comes more laundry!


7 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    Sorry about the Blogger issues...I hate that pesky stuff!
    I just checked, and mine is fine right now. Sorry that I don't have any advice on how to fix it. I'm not real good at that....I hope someone else will be a bit more tech savvy

    Very cold here...staying in today, schooling and baking. : )

    Have a cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Blogger..not you. Just hang in there. I had a similar issue the other day.--I love reading about mission work..it is something I have not been called to do, mission work in other parts of the world I mean. God seems to keep us here. Cold (bitter) and snow here..have to go out and about today, Liam catches the late bus, late classes today. Stay in Linda and relax, I did mention it is Blogger..right? Just hang in there. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda, I sure hope so....it drives me nuts! Be safe out there today.

      Delete
  3. Well, this background is nice, Linda...just not your usual colorful and fun choice! Hope it is resolved soon. God bless all missionaries. They sacrifice so much to take God's word to those who have never had the opportunity to learn about Christ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably Blogger messing up. So far, I haven't had any problems. [knock on wood -- my head] *lol* The background looks really nice. It looks good on this end anyway.

    That's nice that their witnessing in foreign lands but we really need missionarys here, especially in the North East and the Left Coast. Most of those areas are heathen and that's no lie. Our country is sliding down the tubes at a rapid pace. But I guess I'm preaching to the choir. *smile*

    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no ideas on your blog other than to try again and hopefully the bug will be fixed.
    You're right about how much we have compared to others. We are so spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a missionary family who has returned to the States in the last year. There was political unrest twice within months where they were living - - - two different cities many miles apart. It's a harder life than we can begin to imagine even when they tell us about it. Thanks for sharing their testimony.

    ReplyDelete