Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TUESDAY TIDBITS!

Those of you that 'know' me, know that I love mountains and I will add to that, waterfalls or creeks.  I wish I lived on a mountain top and could look out my window and see this waterfall.  It is so peaceful and calming to me.

My class meeting was very nice and we all shared happenings in our daily lives.  I love being with people who are all totally different....sure makes conversation interesting.  Each of us takes a month and is responsible for either cooking or choosing the restaurant to go to.  My month is April, and since I don't like to cook, we will definitely be going out to eat again.

I have been trying very hard to lose weight....not on a diet, just being careful of what I eat and how much. One year ago, I weighed over 200 lbs., and at 4ft-11in., makes me a chub'o.  I got on the scales this morning and am down to 158.6!!!  My goal is 150 and then will give myself 5 lbs. either way.  One thing we are doing is only eating 2 meals a day instead of the usual 3, and even at that, we can never think of what we want to eat.  We are somewhat typical of 'old folks' I guess, and when Jim doesn't feel like cooking a full meal, we end up with something simple, like a bowl of cereal!  lol
Another reason for losing weight is to get off of some of the medicines I take.  It looks like a drug store in our bathroom, with both mine and Jim's meds.  I have already been able to take one diabetic medicine away and am only taking 1/2 of the other. Also, may be able to leave 1 of the 3 blood pressure medicines off.  Am slowly but surely 'whittling' down.  The price of drugs these days don't go well with a fixed income!

Hope you have a good Tuesday, and I leave you with an important message about a product---------

     I know you have been lying awake at night wondering why baby diapers have brand names such as "Luvs", "Huggies," and "Pampers',  while undergarments for old people are called "Depends".

     Well here is the low down on the whole thing.

     When babies mess in their pants, people are still gonna Luv 'em, Hug 'em and Pamper 'em.  When old people mess in their pants, what happens next "Depends" on who's in the will!

     Glad I was able to get that straightened out for you.


8 comments:

  1. I love your blog header, cute saying/thought. I don't take any meds except a B12 for my anemia, my husband on the other hand..ugh..poison. I agree, when one is on a fixed income..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterfalls can take you to a distant place in your mind, can't they! Such a wonderful sound, as is the sound of a brook flowing over stones. Calming.

    Linda!!! I won't know you when I see you next time!! You are doing great to have lost that much weight! I'm so proud of you, and wish you lived next door to me and could be my coach! I've given up again. Now you may have motivated me! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss Linda!! I love the mountains and waterfalls too. I could stare at the waterfall picture you posted all day long..lol. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the header!
    Lets build houses next to each other right where we can see it every morning, k?
    And cereal is one of my very favorite meals. Anytime of day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss! That's wonderful!! I'm hoping I can do the same. Do you ever get hungry only eating two meals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, yes, I get hungry some days and then some days, I really dont even want to eat the 2 meals.....it is a day to day thing for me. I am not losing to look better...lol...even tho I should, I just want to feel better.

      Delete
  6. I'm so proud of you! I need to get going on losing weight, but that getting started part is so hard.
    Thanks for the laugh about the diapers. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good show about losing all that weight. Wow! One of my brother-in-laws is doing the same thing (he is diabetic) and by losing weight he has cut down or out on many medications. I'm so proud of him and YOU! That takes real willpower. I've been losing a bit too but not really trying very hard.

    I'm a flat lander and enjoy seeing horizon to horizon. The mountains are OK to visit or look at from f-a-r away but I wouldn't want to live there. But that's what makes the world go around, I always say. *smile*

    I can't wait to tell someone the "Depends" joke! That is priceless!! God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete