Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Jesus is the rock of my salvation, His banner over me is love!"

Good morning!  Hope you and yours are well, happy and will be able to gather with other believers to worship our Lord and Savior.  Jim isn't well at all and won't be going this morning. He is still asleep but he was about as low as he could be yesterday.  I prayed and prayed that the Lord would give him strength and renewal.

I did a little grocery shopping yesterday and made hamburgers and homemade ice cream for supper last night.  I used chocolate milk to flavor the ice cream and it was really good.  We both ate some, and had enough to freeze for later.

The little Girl Scouts(granddaughters Caroline and Elizabeth) did come and bring our order of cookies.  I was hoping their visit might bring a light to Jim, but sorry to say, it didn't.  They are precious little girls and I was so glad to see them.  They live a little north of Chattanooga and we don't get to see them as much as I would like, so it was a treat yesterday.

Surely spring cant be that far away.  For those who have flooding, for those who have more snow, for those where the sun is shining today, God bless us everyone!


10 comments:

  1. Hamburgers for dinner...a favorite here. : )
    Prayers and hugs for your husband...
    Snowing here a bit...I m about ready to go up and get ready for Madison's confirmation. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granddaughter is going to her best friend's confirmation this morning too! Be safe driving in the snow. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Jim, and for you too.
    I love the Geico gecko. This is the best application yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Jim and you. Just love your blog header and the gecko,lol. Also love cookieeeeeeeeessssssssssss,(I think that has already been established, lol). Prayers dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you both and best wishes for a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that Jim isn't doing well. I will keep him in my prayers. What kind of Girl Scout cookies did you order? My favorite are the Do-Si-Dos..yum. I love to dunk them in milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for Jim, and for you, Linda. Glad the girls got to bring your cookies over, but sorry their smiles and love didn't pick Jim up as hoped. I made ice cream when the kids were here. Always good, and I love our freezer (just like yours!). Praying tomorrow is a better day!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I join in your prayers that both of you feel better and spring hurry's right along. Tonight, we're supposed to get 5 to 10 inches of snow.
    Hurry Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be so late but I just prayed for Jim. I hope he is improved this evening. Please keep us posted as to his welfare.
    I like your ice cream idea. I'm lactose intolerant and miss my ice cream. I'm thinking about trying the Almond Milk ice cream. It's pricey but might be a healthy alternative.
    Spring is around the corner and things will be looking up soon.
    Praying for you both this evening. Be well my friend.
    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete