Saturday, March 1, 2014

UPS AND DOWNS!

We both got such good reports from our doctors this week, and for me, it made me happy and upbeat. Jim not so much.  He got two new medicines to try, didn't sleep well last night and when he got up, he was about as low as I have seen him in a while....worried about everything.  Nothing I could say made any difference to him.  This isn't a first....Jim and his family were and are, all worriers and negative. I try really hard to encourage, explain things medically, but neither helps.  Jim is 10 years older than I am, and maybe I will be that way when I am his age, but it is really hard for me right now.  I finally just said, let's just take one day at a time, and not worry or fret about next month or next year.  That didn't make him happy either.

Jennifer's two girls are Girl Scouts and of course we ordered  cookies and they are coming out this morning to deliver them.  These little girls always make me smile and I am hoping it helps Jim too.


I told you that we went to see Jesse in his school's belated Valentine program Friday night.  He is on the front row, second from the right.  He has on a red shirt and has blond hair.  They were all quite animated!


No other plans for us today, that I know of, yet!  Hope your Saturday and weekend are both good.  God bless!


I am claiming this quote today and will insert 'me' where it says 'you'!


10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a good report from your doctor. My mother was also a worrier and she had medical problems. All the prescriptions she was on seemed to overwhelm her and she couldn't see they were helping. She got the same way. We tried everything. Seeing her grandchildren would help sometimes, but not always. It was hard on all of us.
    Jesse is a cutie. The kids that age are very animated and it never fails there's always one little guy that steals the show.
    That is a good quote we should remember. God gives us strength we didn't know was there.
    You have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both have a happy day, my friend...
    The sun is shining here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby's family is the same way. He is the least that way of the bunch, but I still see signs of it at times. it's hard to deal with. Enjoy the time with the girls today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an excellent quote, Linda, and one I try to remember when things get crazy. I hope having the girls visit perks Jim up a bit. It must be hard we he gets into a negative, worry mode. Hugs for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, as you know..my husband has a chronic illness..I am firm believer it is the meds..honestly..I do. I am so sorry, continuing prayers.

    Cookies? LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Cookies, lol. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your header quote. I recognize the importance of family more and more as the days go by. The girl scouts were in the grocery store where I was today - - but I did not buy any. I told them that I have bought many boxes over the years but couldn't take them in the house because my husband was on a diet and didn't need the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I wish I had thought to buy a box and have them give it to someone else! I am sure I will have more than one opportunity within the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to tomorrow, hoping its a more up than down day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures you posted. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am praying for Jim. My dad was a worrier and a bit of a pessimist. I know how frustrating it can be. I love the quote you posted and I truly believe that! Keeping you both in my prayers. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is 8 years older than me. HE encourages ME, so, I know what you mean.
    Well, I hope today has been an UP day.Y'all deserve a break. Maybe the sugar rush helped. :)
    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete