Tuesday, March 11, 2014

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

These buttercups or jonquils, whichever you call them, are at the foot of my mailbox.  In just two days, they have completely bloomed out and say 'spring' to me!  We had temps in the 70's yesterday and are supposed to again today.  Then, the bottom is falling out and we are back down in the 40's and nights at 20. See Saw, See Saw!

FYI for those that asked, the Arby's Reuben is delicious.  The best I have ever had was from Cracker Barrel, but Arby's runs a close second.

On TV I enjoy the 'who done it' type shows....NCIS-LA, Castle, Criminal Minds, but I have discovered a new one, new to me anyway....Leverage.  Have you ever seen this one?  It is quirky and that is what keeps my interest.



The USA channel tends to run these type shows all day, one day a week and I got hooked watching them....re-runs, but at least I haven't seen them.


March was named for the Roman god of war, Mars. This was the time of year to resume military campaigns that had been interrupted by winter.

I have a post op appointment with the ortho doc today to see if the epidural worked, which it did. Me thinks these type appointments just give the doctor the price of an office visit.

Have a nice day!

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the dr. Hope all goes well..I always thought those were daffodils? (lol)--no wonder ppl looked at me weird when I called them that when we lived down south. I just love, love your new background. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny that one simple little flower has 3 names! I am sure there is a small difference in all of them, but to me they are buttercups...lol

      Delete
  2. Love these warmer days and bursts of colorful blooms. Glad you are feeling better. I am not familiar with that tv show. I do enjoy Castle. I like to read clean murder mysteries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve loves a good Reuben sandwich!
    And my mom loves Criminal Minds!
    We bought her the first two seasons on DVD...
    And you know my love of Lifetime movies, right? : )
    Have a cozy, sunny day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also helps make a payment on the doctor's new car or home. LOL Hope all goes well with the appointment. It's suppose to be nice here today and we're to expect some snow tomorrow with the lows around 9, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip. Arby's is within walking distance and may be my lunch destination one of these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those daffodils are a happy sight! I agree with you on those Dr visits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are definitely a good sign of Spring, Linda!! Hooray!! Yes to your theory about the doctor appointments. Leverage is one of the shows that Joe loves. He tapes it and watches it during the day. He has two or three that he likes, but I don't care for them. Maybe I need to revisit Leverage!!

    ReplyDelete